May 30, 2012
Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale Magazine Web-Site (www.FLMag.com)
Personally Identifiable Collection of Information
You may voluntarily provide Fort Lauderdale Magazine with personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and information about your interest in various products, programs and services ("Personal Information"). Examples of how you may provide this information are: volunteering your email address in order to sign up for newsletters, volunteering your information when you subscribe to Fort Lauderdale Magazine or an affiliated publication, volunteering your ISP address, purchasing products or services from the Site, participating in blogs, posting comments, participating in forums, chat rooms or message boards on the Site, sending a letter to the editor, express an opinion on the Site, enter a sweepstakes or contest, or complete a survey.
Additionally, in order to participate in various forums and portions of the Site, users may be required to submit a valid email address, demographic details and areas of interest. Such information may be used to select editorial topics and for screening out users who leave comments prohibited by the Terms and Conditions of this Site.
Additionally, you may be able to sign up for certain promotions, newsletters or affiliated publications on behalf of or for delivery to third parties. You may order a service as a gift for a third party and send such gift directly to the third party through a submission of the third party's name, address, email address and telephone number. This also constitutes personally identifiable information.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services.
Fort Lauderdale Magazine or third-party contractors acting on our behalf may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including:
- Your browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- The site you visited before visiting aFort Lauderdale Magazine website and the site you visited after visiting a Fort Lauderdale Magazine website;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information about your interactions with our video content, such as the type of content viewed on our Services; information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message; and standard server log information.Info collected by mobile devices or location based services Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information.
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, information about your wireless carrier, the make, model and operating system of your device and information about how you navigate within our Service. With your consent, we also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or WiFi triangulation to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device. We use this information to provide you the content and services you request, tell you about offers we think you will value, and improve your experience using our mobile applications and other Services.
Social Network Posting Tools and “Share” Features.
Some cookies that are issued may contain your personally identifiable information, and such cookies may be shared with the affiliates of Fort Lauderdale Magazine or PD Third party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our services and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of advertisements that you see while using our services and other websites may also place cookies within your browser. We do not have access to cookies placed in your browser by third parties and do not control how they may be used. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us or third parties to send you or to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called "Flash" cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer.
Web Beacons and Other “Use Tracking” Tracking Technologies We and our service providers and other third-party companies involved in the delivery of advertisements you see on our Services and/or while visiting other unaffiliated websites may also use scripts, web beacons and/or similar technologies, to collect information about your use of our Services. Web beacons (sometimes called “transparent GIFs,” “clear GIFs,” or “pixel tags”) embed a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page, in an email, or appear as small snippets of code. When your browser downloads a web beacon, the server that sends the corresponding image or code to your browser can recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page embedded with the beacon and a description of that page. We use web beacons to improve your experience using our Services, including to provide you with content, advertising and offers customized to your interests, and to understand whether our users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages.
If you should make a purchase on the Site, including a subscription for a magazine, we will typically ask for your name, address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number and the expiration date. If the product or subscription is provided or shipped by a third party, we will pass on to the third party the information needed to fulfill your order.
Promotions and Contests
Fort Lauderdale Magazine may from time to time sponsor sweepstakes, contests or other events ("Promotions") which require the collection, processing, and storage of individual contact information plus demographic information. These Promotions may also ask registrants to answer survey questions. Any personally identifiable information collected through Promotions will be treated as personal information. No purchase is ever necessary to enter a Fort Lauderdale Magazine Promotion. Fort Lauderdale Magazine may co-sponsor Promotions with other companies, in which case any information collected is likely to be shared with other participating sponsors, who may use this information. A registrant's personal contact and demographic information will not be released to any third party organization other than named sponsors without the registrant's consent.
Chat Rooms, Clubs, Forums, Blogs and Message Boards
It is important that you consult all Terms and Conditions that apply to our chat rooms, clubs, forums, blogs and message boards prior to participating in any such forum. You should be aware that any personal information, such as your name, address, and email address, as well as any other information that you post in any Fort Lauderdale Magazine Forum, or otherwise specifically and knowingly disclosed by you in the use of a Forum, may be directly collected and use by Fort Lauderdale Magazine and third parties. Therefore, you may receive unsolicited email as a result of your disclosure of such information. We advise you to use discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. Privacy is an important right and we advise you to be careful and responsible when disclosing information online. You should have no expectation of privacy with respect to your communications through these Forums.
Surveys and Polls
Fort Lauderdale Magazine will from time to time conduct anonymous surveys and polls of users to the Site to obtain aggregate demographic information about the users. Such information may be compiled and shared in the aggregate with advertisers and other third parties but not personal details will be traceable or associated with specific individuals unless otherwise disclosed in any survey or poll rules.
Should Fort Lauderdale Magazine request other personally identifiable information from you, you are not required to share any such information to gain access to the Site. Simply, you can refuse to provide any such information.
Use of Collected Information
- We use your personally identifiable information to supply you with and fulfill your requests for services, for products, for subscriptions, for offerings, for additional information, to include you on a subscription list, and to select forum topics.
- We may use such information to send you a confirmation, or notify you that you have won a contest.
- We may use such information to provide you with gift cards, notifications of new products, programs or services, and to notify you of added features to the Site.
- We may use the information collected for internal purposes for administrative purposes, for technical maintenance purposes, the marketing and promotion of products and services that might be of interest to you, to communicate with you about customer service issues, to measure the number of visitors to the site, to make the site more useful to users and to use in seeking advertisers and partners. This may involve sharing such information with other Fort Lauderdale Magazine or PD Publishing offices or affiliates for said purposes.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We reserve the right to share both aggregate and personal information collected from you with third parties if we are authorized to do so, if the law requires it, to protect the rights of Fort Lauderdale Magazine, or as part of a sale or other disposition of our assets (including our membership and/or customer records). We may also use and disclose Personal Information to prevent or trace abuses of the Site.
- We may also use and disclose Personal Information to comply with any court order or government investigation, subpoena or inquiry, or as otherwise required by law, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Fort Lauderdale Magazine, users of the Site, or the public. Additionally, in our letters to the editor section, we typically disclose the city/town in which the letter writer resides.
While Fort Lauderdale and PD Publishing have taken reasonable steps to limit the uses of information provided by you, we cannot guarantee that the information will remain permanently secure. There is always a possibility that your information could be lost due to technical problems or stolen from our databases. Fort Lauderdale Magazine and PD Publishing are not responsible for any such loss or theft or any other unanticipated security breach.
If you would like to avoid cookies, your web browser may have an option that enables you to disable or not accept cookies. It should be noted, however, that should you disable or not accept cookies, portions of the Site may not properly function.
Third Party Advertisements
Third-party advertisements that appear on Fort Lauderdale Magazine’s website are sometimes delivered (or "served") directly to users by third party advertisers. The advertisers may automatically receive your IP address when this happens. These third party advertisers may also download cookies to your computer, or use other technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. Cookies will allow the advertiser to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. Fort Lauderdale Magazine does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third party advertisers. Third party advertisers have no access to your contact information stored on the Site unless you choose to share it with them.
Children's Online Privacy
Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), this Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. Fort Lauderdale Magazine does not knowingly collect personal information from children through this Site, or any of its Web sites. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must obtain the permission of their parents or legal guardians before making purchases of any type on this Site.
If you are a parent with concerns about children's privacy issues in conjunction with the use of this Site, or any other privacy issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions on How to Opt Out
Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Services, we may share any information that we collect through our Services, including without limitation, your name, postal address (and any other information we combine with that information) with our affiliated companies, our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. To remove your name and postal address from lists to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please send an email to email@example.com. Without your consent, we will not sell or rent your email address to unaffiliated third parties for their email marketing purposes. If you use our Services to sign up for special email offers from third-party advertisers, we will share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the advertisers you selected. If you decide you no longer want to receive these emails, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive. If you choose to subscribe to any of Fort Lauderdale Magazine’s newsletters or commercial email lists, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.